“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

January 1, 2013

New Years Day Post

Yayyy!!!!!

Has anyone made any resolutions? I want to start writing in The Purple Orchid at least once a week. Wish me goodluck! hehe:) If I am not mistaken, I think I made the same resolution last year..

New Year Resolution Facts:

Babylonians made resolutions to their gods at the beginning of each year.

Knights made resolutions in the medieval time to recommit to being a knight.

In a 2007 study, it was found that 88% of people failed at commiting to their resolutions made at a previous New Year.

According to Frank Ra, making a New Years resolution with another person makes a difference in success rates.

Popular Resolutions:

Improve well-being, finances, education and career, Taking a trip, Trying foreign foods:))

I am not sure if making new year resoutions is that great, due to the 88% ratio of failings, but it is fun. To commit to something is a huge thing, but I think to look at your life and find improvements is a step in the right direction. It does not matter, to me, whether you keep them at the end of the year, but to at least make them is something:) But it is completely up to you!!

So here's to the new year!

Happy 2013 readers:))

No comments:

Post a Comment