“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

July 17, 2013

Norway Trip: Day Sixteen (Last Day) Helsinki!!

16th July 2013

Yay!! We are one step closer to reaching our final destination!!

We woke up that morning feeling groggy, but excited about our ventures:) Over breakfast we discussed how much we had seen and how we were going to remember all the good times we had. I told them I have this blog, and they all agreed this was a great thing to do. I agree too:) I am so glad I did this.

Well, with the final day comes emotions: happiness with a twist of sad. The final hours were spent mostly enjoying the views on the top deck of the horizon of Finland and the many pirate ship like boats dotted throughout the sea:) I'd like to say that they were pirate ships when they came closer, but they ended up being sailing boats:( It was extremely windy, and I was suremy hair wold hold the "wind-swept" look for the rest of the day. Nm.



Finally, the door was opening while we despirately squinted at the returning daylight. The first thing I noticed was this magnificent building, and then the warming thought that this is HOME. The returning satisfacting of this incredible trip was gone until we arrived at our apartment and sifted through the many pictures we had taken. The bliss when I hugged my parents was so homely, and the becconing of my own room. If not for the trip, the coming home is the bit that makes it all worth while:)

I would like to thank those people who have shared this wonderful trip along with me through this blog. However, I would totally reccomend for you to go through what we went through and find your own way around Sweden and Norway! Because you cannot show everything through pictures and words, and that is something that is so special, and the memories are something you will remember for the rest of your life.

I feel like I need to bottle up all the memories of not just the things we have seen, but the funny little touches like when my grandmother laughed at my massaging or my brother running up the hills with me. The spray of the waterfall in Sweden, and the stomach churning, windy Trollstigen road. And wholey the drive that took my grandfather to a whole new level of driving!

Thankyou again, and have a truly awesome coming weeks!

Now, you are completely and utterly uptodate.

Laura.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment